- Herein we propose to approve funding to extend the Varen Bounty Board initiative to continue empowering the community to participate in the building of the Varen DAO.
- The Bounty Board has been a successful method of bringing community contributors in to assist with smaller tasks surrounding the Varen DAO and it is this proposal’s aim to fund the continuation of this effort.
In order to enact this incentive program, it is proposed that 120 VRN be earmarked for Bounty Board purposes. This second round of funding is estimated to last for approximately 6-9 months of operation of the bounty program. The 120 VRN will be sent from the treasury to a wallet controlled by the Community Council. Bounties will be paid upon completion of task unless otherwise negotiated.
Framework for Bounty Values and Determination will follow the original framework from VIP 5.
Round 1 (VIP5) Statistics:
The original funding set aside in VIP 5 was expected to last for 3-6 months, however, it ended up lasting closer to 8 months.
Bounties were used for the following purposes
- 81.7% Translations for VarenX and Gitbook
- 16.3% Content Creation
- 2.0% Gitbook Content Creation
28 Community Members representing 19 languages participated in the Bounty Program, with 14 Community Members completing at least 2 Bounties.
- Execute proposal, 120 VRN will be earmarked for the Bounty Board program and sent to a Community Council wallet
- Do not execute the proposal, no funds will be earmarked or moved for this purpose.